Search

Tipping Guide in Belize - Lamani Outpost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2024, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipping Guide in Belize - Lamani Outpost

Hello
Trying to figure out how much cash I want to carry.

We are going on a quick bird-watching trip to Belize and staying four nights at the Lamani Outpost. Most of the tipping is done at the end in the communal tip jar ($20 per person per night). But guides are not included. If we are doing two tours a day with the same guide... what do people tip? Or if anyone stayed there... is it the same guide and you tip at the end separately?
Anything I need to know and am not thinking of ?This is a last-minute trip before starting a new job after getting laid off and unemployed for a while. VERY last minute.

Thank you.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 08:07 PM

We usually tip a guide $20 when we go out with them, so for two trips we would do $40 total.
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 10:01 AM

We've stayed at Lamanai Outpost Lodge and loved it. Lots of howler monkey sightings when we were there.
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volcanogirl
We've stayed at Lamanai Outpost Lodge and loved it. Lots of howler monkey sightings when we were there.
That is great to know Volcanogirl. We absolutely loved Osa-Drake's Bay. We sat our on our deck and even a Sloth swung by and of course, Capuchin monkeys (stealing breakfast food) and squirrel monkeys, and I read that there are not nearly as many mammals at Lamanai Outpost. We are going for the birds but also because it is easier to get to Lamanai than Drake's Bay with the limited time we have this time.
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by volcanogirl
We usually tip a guide $20 when we go out with them, so for two trips we would do $40 total.
Do these guides not get paid?
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 11:19 AM

It's been a few years since we've been there Ruby; I hope the howler monkeys are still there and you get to see them. Another spot we loved was Bosque del Cabo on the Osa - excellent wildlife there - all four species of monkeys, toucans, scarlet macaws, and we even saw an anteater.