24 hours in Madrid

Search

24 hours in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 hours in Madrid

We (me, hubby and 21 yr old son) will fly from Paris to Madrid arriving at 1pm on Sunday April 28 and staying at AC Recoletos for one night. We are wondering how best to fill our short time, what is accessible to see on foot in that area? We love food and biking so looking for suggestions on a company you have used and liked that offers a city bike tour for morning of the 29th. I also looked at Mercado de san Miguel and thought it might be fun to walk around and eat! Also looking for best location to see a Flamenco show on Sunday night and or Tapas tour (or is that something i can research and do on our own without a guide) ? Thanks!
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nicolemp
We (me, hubby and 21 yr old son) will fly from Paris to Madrid arriving at 1pm on Sunday April 28 and staying at AC Recoletos for one night. We are wondering how best to fill our short time, what is accessible to see on foot in that area? We love food and biking so looking for suggestions on a company you have used and liked that offers a city bike tour for morning of the 29th. I also looked at Mercado de san Miguel and thought it might be fun to walk around and eat! Also looking for best location to see a Flamenco show on Sunday night and or Tapas tour (or is that something i can research and do on our own without a guide) ? Thanks!
Your hotel is minutes from the beautiful park Retiro in the elegant district Salamanca Numerous restaurants and upscale shops are in this part of Madrid. The Mercado , Plaza Major , the Palace …can be easily reached by metro or a short taxi ride.

Last edited by danon; Mar 26th, 2024 at 07:45 PM.
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 03:20 AM

We did a private tapas tour with Walk and Eat Spain. It was quite fun. Of course you could do a tapas tour on your own, but we enjoyed learning about the wine, the city and the food culture. Madrid is a fun city to just walk around in, but in such a short time it could be beneficial to do something a little more focused.
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

super-thanks for that company name-the evening tour looks great! lots of food and information!