Turkey in March/ April

Search

Turkey in March/ April

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2024, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey in March/ April

Thanks for all the help with planning our holiday over Easter in Turkey: we arrive at midnight on the 22 March and have booked our hotel in Istanbul for 7 nights; thereafter we shall have 9 and a half days left flying out of Istanbul so we have been looking at the guidebooks and want to travel south but not too far south - our thoughts are that w shall return many times to holiday here.
Thinking that maybe we should think of the north Aegean, perhaps with Izmir as a bounndary point: we are not beach people so definittly don't fancy the islands off the west coast - mainly we are interested in the archaeology of Turkey, its history . good food and wine, good hotels,lovely views, interesting architecture etc
I have been looking at The Rough Guide but phew, am so far finding it all very confusing, I s'pose I am impatient to get booking the sooner the better.
So, I would appreciate some guidance from folks who have experience, having been here before and can help me with some pointers
Thanks again.
Old Feb 28th, 2024, 12:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We enjoyed Fethiye and the areas surrounding it, lots of antiquities.
Old Feb 29th, 2024, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input Happy Trvir, it does look interesting
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 09:52 PM

April is the best month to Turkey in my opinion
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 04:24 PM

Here's my trip report: Trip Report: Turkey, 2008 I am not sure that the URLs for the pictures work as Flickr has made changes that denied previously available access to the pictures. But it appears that the album covering the Antiquities and the one for Cappadocia (sp?) still work.