Search

Sardinia (In August...I know...)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2023, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sardinia (In August...I know...)

Hi all!

We're headed to Sardinia for our honeymoon in August. I know August isn't the best time to go - but we're working with the time we have.

I've read dozens of posts, and I'm starting a bit broad with my questions but will likely post back with a few more specific questions as I dig into decisions this weekend. We are flying into Olbia, picking up a rental car, and then we have 8 nights to explore. Ideally, I'd like to spend 6 of those nights in 2-3 places on Sardinia, and then the last 2 nights in Corsica. I've heard you can easily spend weeks and weeks on Sardinia, but again, working with the time we have. I also know we'll only end up with a "taste" of Corsica in 2 two nights, but that's exactly what we're looking for - just a taste of both cultures.

Based off my research, I think we're leaning towards the north and north-west of the island. We are specifically looking to immerse ourselves in as much non-touristy areas as possible (again, I know it will be hard in August). While we want to spend time in the water and see beautiful beaches, we want to be on the move as well (i.e., maybe drive to two-three different beaches in one day versus spend the whole day in one spot). I think we'll also plan for a day trip to Maddalena Island via boat rental that we drive (?).

Are there any "hidden gems" that you would recommend away from the glitzy parts of the island?

Thanks for your help - again, I know this is a bit broad to start.

Best,
Madeline