Iowa, Nebraska, Dakotas in 1.5 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2023, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for the quickest route to hit the Dakotas, Iowa, and Nebraska in 1.5 days.

We are flying into Minneapolis today at 3pm.
Not looking to hit any attractions, but it would be nice to stop in a cool city to spend the night tonight or tomorrow night.

We were originally planning a big loop, but that takes 13 hours and I feel there might be more direct ways to check off the states.
These are the last few states before we complete all 50, less Alaska.

any tips are much appreciated!
Old May 29th, 2023, 07:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello and welcome to Fodor's! I'm hoping you were not looking for an instant response. The route I would have taken: I-94 west to Fergus Falls MN, west on 210/13 to Wahpeton ND then south on I-29 into South Dakota. Continue south on I-29 to Sioux City then cross the river to get on US 75/77. Stick with US 75 to Blair Nebraska and then cross back into Iowa to get on I-680 to I-80 east. Stick with I-80 east to Des Moines to get to I-35 back to Albert Lea MN and back to Minneapolis.
Where are you off to next? Please give us a report on this trip. I do understand your desire to visit all 50 states (and DC). I did just that over the past 17 years including finding at least one geocache in each state.