Search

Traveling Paris, Florence, & Rome With Our 17 Year Old This Summer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling Paris, Florence, & Rome With Our 17 Year Old This Summer

Hi all,
We're planning to travel to Paris, Florence, and Rome this summer with our artsy 17-year old, introducing them briefly to Europe for a couple of weeks. Feeling antsy re making the trip this summer or alternatively 2023. Concerned that majority of restaurants, outdoor markets may still be closed. Have you been lately? How open is it? Of course we're fully vacc-ed, happy to wear masks, just hoping to not arrive to find world still closed, recovery still in earliest stages. Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's crystal ball gazing... Conditions today or last week won't guarantee anything with regard to conditions 4-6 months from now.

I say you book everything with the knowledge you may decide or need to cancel and rebook for 2023. One thing you might consider is planning an itinerary within a single country to keep compliance rule changes easier to follow and understand.
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything that hasn't gone bankrupt is open.
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 07:59 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with Jean -- unless/until things open up totally to pre-covid conditions, the simpler the itinerary the better. Sticking to one country solves the problem of having to satisfy multiple entry/border crossing/testing requirements. So plan either France - or - Italy and nonstop flights from/to the States

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -