Need info

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need info

Hi. I need an information; Im planning to visit a friend in South Africa next December around Christmas, but as I read, international flights are only allowed to landing in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town following the measures like PCR neg, covid-19 contact mobile application, health travel insurance etc..., however my friend lives in Port Elizabeth, my question is: As a foreign tourist, can I travel from Joburg to P. Elizabeth taking a domestic flight without restrictions?..Thanks in advance!

Last edited by angellosa3023; Nov 16th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you mean December 2021? If so, how on earth do you expect anyone to predict the situation over a year in advance?

If you mean December 2020, Rome2Rio says there are no restrictions when traveling within South Africa. I suggest checking the South African embassy website for you country to make sure.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for the tip, I just planning the visit for next December 2020; I wrote a letter to S. African Embassy but Im still waiting for response.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tourism ? Embassy of the Republic of South Africa

Are you from a high risk country?

The answer to your question according to the website is that there are no restrictions for internal flights. At this time...
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 02:12 AM

You will find ALL the information you require on this SA government website:
https://www.gov.za/covid-19/individu...hRiskCountries

SA opened to foreign travelers on October 1. They graded countries as High Risk (banned), Medium Risk and Low Risk. They amended their list of permitted countries at least once -- e.g. Canada was added to the list of banned countries on October 18. On November 11, the government reversed its approach and decided to admit travelers from all countries -- a major change of policy approach.

I mention this chronology to show how dramatically things can change and how quickly.

There are currently no restrictions on flying to PE airport from any of the three airports you mention.