Calvi Corsica ... laundry detergent

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an odd post, but here goes anyway. Two years ago the wife and I were in Corsica (Calvi) for a week ... the first week of a 5 week trip to France. While in Calvi, I bought laundry detergent at the local Super 8 store and we both were amazed at how bright and clean our laundry was after one wash. What I bought was super inexpensive - ~2 to 3 euros - it was a round 'tube' with a shiny silver wrap, about 1cm (2.5") in diameter and 2cm (5") length; inside there were about 10 white 'discs' about 10-12mm (1/2") in thickness. Our clothes were so clean ... we were amazed.

Not thinking ahead, I didn't go back and get more, or at least the package info. Regardless, we'd really like to get some more of this detergent, not so much for everyday wash, but every now and then to brighten things back up. If anyone can help with the brand or similar, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks in advance and hope all are being safe.

Ciao . .. Dorm
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe Forum
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 10:25 AM

I think you mean Super U. There's a large one in Calvi. Is this for hand or machine wash?
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 12:47 PM

I went to the Super U website and entered "lessive." I chose "Lessive tablettes et doses" and got a selection. Maybe you'll find what you need in this section:

https://www.coursesu.com/c/entretien...ettes-et-doses

French supermarkets are different enough from ours in the US that shopping there is as much fun for me as going to a museum. No, more fun. I love the gigantic chocolate displays, the unrefrigerated eggs, the vast cheese selection, the Belgian beer, and so many little discoveries.

Old Jul 8th, 2020, 12:57 PM

Your conversions are the wrong way round btw - 2.5cm=1" more or less, not the other way round.
Tbh your descrition sound more like denture tablets than washing tablets but I admit I only ever buy a tube of handwash liquid if I need it when in France. Campsites usually insist you use their own detergent.
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 01:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To get a bright wash just change your detergent regularly. The bugs get used to the old detergent so your clothes get greyer. It's called Evolution and Mr Darwin discovered it.
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Coquelicot for your direct answer to the question and especially a solution ...

Ciao ... Dorm