E-Bikes in Switzerland

Search

E-Bikes in Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2020, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-Bikes in Switzerland

Looking for an alternative to hiking? Switzerland has some amazing biking paths that will take you right into the beauty of the mountains. E-bikes have become widely available to rent and they allow you to go easily uphill. Next time you're planning a visit to Switzerland, check out the bike paths in the area you're going to and rent a bike. It's glorious!
Old May 3rd, 2020, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kleeblatt
Looking for an alternative to hiking? Switzerland has some amazing biking paths that will take you right into the beauty of the mountains. E-bikes have become widely available to rent and they allow you to go easily uphill. Next time you're planning a visit to Switzerland, check out the bike paths in the area you're going to and rent a bike. It's glorious!
Do you know of a website that shows the paths, or is it all local? We were just this morning looking at hiking trips in Switzerland (for sometime in the future)
Old May 4th, 2020, 01:07 AM
Original Poster

Here's an official website for bike paths: https://map.veloland.ch/?lang=de&pho...ayers=Veloland

However, you can generally ride on any paved road. Many roads in the alps are off limits to vehicles without permission and those are the best! Just yesterday, I rode up to the Rigi (well, just half way but today I'm going the full Monty) and besides a few alplers coming down in their jeeps, everyone was hiking or biking. I went by lush fields of green dotted with spring alpine flowers, rushing waterfalls whose mist covered the road and just the most tremendous views of alps, lakes and even my hometown.

And this was all just in a two-hour bike ride starting from my home.

Another good website: https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/cycli...al-routes.html

Last edited by kleeblatt; May 4th, 2020 at 01:49 AM.
Old May 4th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Original Poster

There's one bike path that has come to me highly recommended and I'll let you in on the secret. Take a look at the website and find path number 63. The path starts in Meiringen and continues to Grindelwald. That's supposed to be quite a stunning ride. I believe you can also ride up to the Kleine Scheidegg by bike and then go down to Wengen.

The bike shop will have good suggestions and possibly even maps for you to use to help you decide which bike paths you'd like to take.
Old May 4th, 2020, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! (P.S. I've been from Wengen to Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidigg to Grindelwald, but not by bike! It was a glorious day)
Old May 4th, 2020, 06:21 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been blown past by e-bikes while hiking uphill a few times in Switzerland. And each time, I tell myself...next time.