Day trips from Adare

Search

Day trips from Adare

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day trips from Adare

Assuming travel remains open, we will be in Ireland in September and staying at Adare Manor. We are planning 3 day trips currently for sight seeing ---Cliffs of Moher, Dingle Peninsula/Slea Head drive and Rock of Cashel. We have other activities planned locally (golf, falconry) during the week. We are looking forward to spectacular scenery - natural and castle ruins, etc...We know we can't see it all in on trip but think these sites will allow us to see gorgeous views, maybe some wildlife, etc...do we include the Burren with Cliffs of Moher?

For those who have been, any thoughts or feedback on these day trips? We have a local guide to help us ---he also mentioned Connemara as a possibility for us. I have heard that Dingle peninsula is prettier than Ring of Kerry but not as well known--thoughts on that? I think we can't really go wrong as it seems the country is just beautiful and scenic no matter where you go! If we are able to go, we'll mostly be thrilled to be able to travel again.

Denise
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kinsale is lovely (90 minutes). Galway is about a hour. Connemara is stunning - head toward Clifden.

Go Connemara – The Connemara Loop

Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.
These are great suggestions. I had thought about Kinsale as I have a little Lusitania obsession. Is it reasonable to pair Kinsale with Rock of Cashel? Is Blarney castle and gardens worth it? Zero interest in kissing the Blarney stone and I don't think with COVID you could if you wanted to but if the ruins, castle and gardens are really impressive then we might add that.

The video you posted for Connemara is certainly compelling so this is gonna be a tough call- but this is just the type of info we are looking for.

Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
They now have a ferry running to the Aran Islands from Galway. Inishmore is my favourite but you can also take a ferry from Doolin to Inisheer. Inishmore has my fav cafe. Teach Nan Phaidi, eat before or after you climb to see Dun Aonghasa. You can do a day trip easy. The other ferry is from Rossaveal. We have also gone to Clare Island for the day. That ferry was a bit rough but they have a new one.

Dingle Gin distillery outside of Dingle town. Best gin. You can walk but book ahead. They are making a single malt now. Murphy's ice cream comes from Dingle and they have some extraordinary flavors, many with alcohol. You can't go wrong with Dingle. Just watch oncoming lorries on the Connor pass.
The Burren is interesting just to see the Poulnabrone dolmen and twisty little roads.

Golf at Lahinch and the town is very nice, great beach.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

The guide is driving so we don't have to think about the lorries but Dingle does sound perfect. Aran Islands are appealing ---choices, choices!!