Covid testing In Rome

Search

Covid testing In Rome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2022, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covid testing In Rome

If anyone has been in Italy recently, is it easy to get a test to fly back to the US and get the results quickly for flying?
Thanks in advance for your help
Old Feb 8th, 2022, 11:11 AM

In December I got mine done at the Artemisia Lab in Via Piave 76: https://artemisialab.it/artemisia-al...ria-via-piave/

My Rome hotel (Hotel Colosseum) set the appointment up for me. The people at the lab weren't especially friendly, it was busy, and I was glad I could speak enough Italian to help me through the process.

Also it wasn't cheap --- I think it cost something like 160 euros --- but they processed quickly and I got my test back within the promised four hours. And I was negative, so success all around!

My advice: Look into the process of downloading the results beforehand! I was by travelling by myself when the results arrived in my email in-box and it took me almost a full (STRESSFUL!) hour trying to figure out how to link and download the results, not knowing if I was positive or negative all the while and with a flight to catch the next morning. I am not very tech-savvy so maybe it was just me, but I also had to figure out how to do it in Italian on their government website, which took some time also.

If I am remembering correctly, there were three options for users. The first if you have a Tessera Sanitaria, and then two more if you do not. I think one of my problems was I chose the wrong non-Tessera Sanitaria option at the start. In any case, it's worth reviewing beforehand so you are ready when the link to the verdict arrives in your in-box.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 8th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks LunaBella
Old Feb 9th, 2022, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sharrondennis1152
If anyone has been in Italy recently, is it easy to get a test to fly back to the US and get the results quickly for flying?
Thanks in advance for your help
I went an easier (cheaper) route, following some advice in late December from folks here. Every few blocks (at least in Rome and in a few other smaller cities that I visited) there are these white covid testing tents outside of every pharmacy. You go inside the pharmacy and fill out a short form and pay the fee. No appointment needed (and, at least at the pharmacy I went to, no appointments were taken). Then you queue up outside the pharmacy for your test (no appointment needed--the wait was not long-maybe 15 minutes in total)--the cost was around 22 euros (I don't remember the exact price, but it was something like that). Wait around 10-15 minutes and you get the results, both in hard copy and then emailed to you. Simple, efficient process-I was impressed.