Car rental in Scotland

Search

Car rental in Scotland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rental in Scotland

My husband and I will be in Scotland from September 25 through October 20, 2022. I knew car rentals would be more expensive but I wasn't prepared for the absolute sticker shock! Can anyone recommend a good car rental in Scotland that might be a bit cheaper? On all our driving trips in Europe we used a third party agency but their prices have gone through the roof. Thanks for any answers provided.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 07:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Car rentals are not cheap this tear -- Not just in Scotland but just about anywhere in the world. Use Autoeurope as a start, They deal with all the majors and at least will give you an idea of who is charging what. More often Autoeurope's rate will be the best.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are visiting Scotland in August. We will be taking the train from Glasgow to Inverness and picking up our car in Inverness (also returning the car to Inverness). We have rented a car through
H W Jack (Car Hire) Ltd
T/A JACKS SELF DRIVE
17 HENDERSON DRIVE, INVERNESS
The price quoted is 360 pounds for 12 days. The car is a standard but they are expecting to get in some automatics so we may upgrade if possible. I will post back after our trip if we have any issues.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 09:42 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes - there are some local car rental agencies that can be good if one is sticking to one region. But they only work if one is collecting and returning the car in the same town.

I one is driving throughout the country I'd want one of the majors in case of breakdown or needing a replacement vehicle. One wouldn't want the agency's only office to be in Inverness when I have car trouble in Melrose or Oban or St Andrews.