Cruises-N-More, Lake Mary, FL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2020, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are considering taking advantage of a Viking offer for "free air" and other amenities for bookings through May, 2021. So we called a travel agent we know and posted the request on cruisecompete.com. The trip would be to Egypt with excursions in Jordan and Jerusalem. We received several quotes and the best by far was from Cruises-N-More who offered $1,515 in refundable onboard ship credits. The agent says it means if we don't use all of the ship board credit the balance will be refunded to us. My questions are, has anyone had any experience with this agency and does the refundable ship board credit explanation accurate? We have used Viking for a Rhine cruise a couple of years ago and used an agency called CruCon. I appreciate any feedback on Cruises-N-More.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 10:20 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
I would not recommend seeing Egypt nor
Jordan via a cruise ship. We did a ground tour and friends who went from a cruise ship spent lots of time on long bus rides to the sites. Some of the cruise ship tours only go as the Treasuey at Petra to save time. Half of Petra is missed.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it this with the Jordan extension? https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/c....html#noscroll

If so, the Egypt part doesn't look too bad, you want a boat of some kind on the Nile for a few days, but that is far too little time for Petra. I had three nights/two days and could have used more time. You could fly to Amman and visit Madaba and Petra on your own.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. We would be taking the Viking River cruise not an ocean cruise. thursdaysd, it is the link you posted. I appreciate your thoughts on Petra and since we have not visited that area, the feedback is helpful.
My main question had to do with the travel agency, Cruises-N-More and whether they are good to deal with. i have done as much research on the web as I can and get some good and bad reviews. Also, what about the refundable ship credit? I have never seen this offered before.
Look forward to hearing anyone's thoughts on the agency and credit questions.
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 06:35 AM

We used Cruises-N-more for a New England cruise 9/19. No problems with the agency. Is it documented you will receive a credit or is this something the agent told you?
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 08:02 AM

I have used Cruises-N-More to book several cruises for myself and to book several family cruises that involved multiple cabins. I always post a request through Cruise Compete and every time they have provided the best bid. They are a large agency and I believe because of that they are able to offer perks on top of whatever the cruise line is giving, such as on board credit and cabin upgrades.

I have never had a problem using the agency but at the same time I do not need a lot of assistance with my booking. When I contact the agency I already know what category cabin(s) I want, what location, what dining time, any extras to add, etc. That is not to say the agents are not helpful, I have always found them to be very responsive to any emails I have sent. It's just that past the initial booking process and final payment I usually don't send any.

I will say that I had a New England/Canada cruise booked for this coming September through Cruises-N-More that I decided to cancel back in April, before the cruise line cancelled the cruise. I received a prompt reply from my agent who provided me updated information on the cruise line's modified cancellation policy and cancelled our bookings for us, We had only made a deposit on the cruise but received a full refund on it with no problem.

At some point in the future if/when I decide to take a cruise again I would not hesitate to book through Cruises-N-More again.
Old Jul 29th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

The agent offered it in a response to a quote via cruise compete. We are not experienced cruising, having been on one river and two ocean cruises. Viking river and Seabourn ocean. I had never been offered this kind of onboard credit previously.
Old Jul 29th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the reply, I feel better about using them for future trips.